Friday, March 6, 2009

FRUSTRATION




I have been totally frustrated so many more times than usual this week. I have also had heartburn a lot. That tells me I am stressing out about something. I thought everything was fine, but your body has this wonderful mechanism that, if you listen to it will tell you when something is wrong long before it gets very serious.


My husband is getting ready to have major surgery. We are both confident all will be fine and he will be better than ever afterwards. We know God has got it under control! His mom, who lives with us, is driving me crazy! There, it’s out there! I just don’t get her! I pray for patience, kindness, love, compassion…..then she speaks, and I lose it! I have been very good at hiding it, not allowing her to SEE that she drives me insane, but it’s getting harder. I must work on this. It’s not fair to her.

Work is on the upswing. I have received many calls and I am busy setting meetings and scheduling work. All decorative work, very little fine art. I have had no time to be in the studio and just create. By the time I get home, I am so tired I don’t feel like making that video, blogging, creating.

Then there is the moving of rooms in the house. Living room, bedrooms, studio and office…..everything is changing. I am trying to make more room so we have some space in this small house.

I mentioned the virtual studio tour and I aim to do that. I do think that would be cool for a group of us artists to share that.



I also have started a program with my friend Rebecca Parsons. She is coaching me. I have only completed one lesson and already I have been shocked at what I have learned. I need coaching, I am going 1000 different directions so I am not accomplishing much. I keep you informed.

So, how are you doing with what life is throwing us? Are you handling it? Frustrated? Stressed? Let me know, share your thoughts!

Remember this, God knows what He is doing! There is a reason for everything and a season. It’s okay to feel this way, just don’t let it consume you. Let Him lift you up, encourage you, love you. We may not like where we are at or what we are going through, but rest assured, it’s on the way to where we are going. If you are going with God, well then, all is well!

Umm, I feel better already!







Posted in Artist's Life | No Comments »

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. I love that you are willing to be real with where you are at.

    My mother in law has driven me in sane on more than one occasion. I have actually began a journal for myself on things to remember when I am a mother in law...I need to remember the emotions, joys, and strain my relationship with her has caused. I believe it will help me to navigate that road more successfully later AND it lets me vent a little so I don't take it out on her ;)

    I have taken a moment to lift up your husband's surgery. God is there. He cares. He will sustain you both.

    HUGS!

    Shanda

    ReplyDelete